How to Set Up a Custom Domain
To set up a custom domain, first head to our partner https://uniregistry.com/ to register your domain. If you already have a domain from another provider, you can still point it to us, but you might want to consider transferring your domain to Uniregistry so that we can provide you with the best support.
This will show you how to point your domain to us. You'll be able to do this by creating an A record and adding 22.214.171.124 as the IP.
Check out this video, or follow the steps below to set up your custom domain. Please note that the location of the URL settings have changed since this video. You can now find the URL settings at the gear icon in the top left
1. Log in to your account at Uniregistry.com by clicking the ‘Log In/Sign Up’ button in the upper-right corner of the homepage.
2. Click ‘Manage’ from the menu at the top of the page.
3. Click on the domain name you want to edit.
4. Select the ‘NS/DNS Records’ tab.
5. Scroll down to the ‘DNS Records’ section and click the ‘New Record’ button.
6. Set up two A records. One will be "@" and the other will be "www" both should point to our IP 126.96.36.199 and make sure to click Save Changes.
7. Open up https://app.thegrid.io/ and open up your site's URL settings and change the url. In the URL field, enter your domain. It should be formatted like this: http://domain.com (please don't include www). Also, in order to have your domain display on its new home, you'll also want to make sure that you have at least one post published to your site.If you still hit a snag, please email us in a screenshot of your DNS settings and URL of your site to [email protected] Also, keep in mind that it can take some time for DNS settings to take affect.